A Brief History
  •  FBCF was organized on April  8, 1923.index~~element37
  • The church’s first budget for 1924-25 was set at $900 with the pastor’s annual salary of $500.
  • The first church building was dedicated in April, 1926.
  •  In April, 1928, $100 per month was placed in the budget for missions work.
  • The first singing school was organized on May 8, 1938.
  •  The entire church burned on December 30, 1970. The malfunction of the oil furnace was the cause.
  • The new building cost approximately $160,000.
  • A dedication service for the new building was held on October 27, 1974.
  • The church voted in November, 1999 to begin Phase 1 of a three phase expansion of the church facilities. Phase 1 was the new $2 million dollar Worship Center. Sunday, December 16, 2001, was the first Lord’s Day the congregation worshiped in the new Worship Center.
  • Phase 2 will provide a Family Life Center facility that will allow space for educational needs and provide recreation within a Christian environment. The area will host a gym, large kitchen, fellowship hall, office complex, and educational space.
  • After fourteen years of fruitful ministry, Pastor Mark Grubb resigned in the summer of 2010.
  • Pastor Bill Gowder began his ministry at FBCF in February, 2012.
  • Bryan Long began his ministry at FBCF in 2013.
  • David Hipps and TJ Whitehead joined the FBCF Team in 2016.

© 2017 First Baptist Church of Friendsville
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community