Vision, Mission, & Values
In the summer and fall of 2013 we established our Mission and our Core Values. In the spring of 2014, as a church family, we prayed about how God might use us to fulfill our Mission, especially in the immediate Friendsville area. The following is a result of our seeking God’s vision for us. We pray that the Lord will guide us and use us to honor Him as we seek to be salt and light to a world that desperately needs Him.
We would invite you to join us as we seek to fulfill this Vision.
2014 Strategic Initiatives
- We are producing a list of current ministry opportunities as an aid for those who want to serve. We will update this regularly. We are doing many of the ministries that were suggested. We obviously need to communicate these better.
- We believe that Christ’s heart for children and our proximity to the Friendsville Elementary School mandates placing a high priority on ministering to these children and the faculty. We will seek to serve them so that we can show them the love of Christ.
- Funds have already been donated for a church van. We are going to determine if additional funds are needed and move toward purchasing a van to help minister especially to our youth, seniors and those in our area that need transportation to and from church.
- We are planning to have a ministry intern during the summer of 2014. Someone has already graciously covered these expenses.
- We are in the process of developing a healthy Middle School ministry that will gradually become separate and distinct from the High School.
- With the help of more volunteers, we are looking to revamp our Wednesday evening Children’s program so that it is more effectively helping to develop the spiritual lives of our kids.
- The Resurgents, our College/ Career group, is going to lead the way in expanding our ministry to college students.
- We are working on a new church directory. We are doing this in such a way that new members can be added in the future.
- We have seen great improvements to our website. We want to continue this and improve communication via email and text alerts.
2017 Strategic Initiatives
- Blueprints have been drawn for a Phase 2 to our current buildings. There is still a debt of $1.2 million from Phase 1. Our hope and prayer is that the Lord would allow us to see this debt eliminated and funds be raised for Phase 2, which would include a gym and a new fellowship hall. We will pray toward this end.
- We want to develop a “guest host” ministry to aid in connecting with and assimilating new members.
- We want to expand our Wednesday evening “Electives” to offer a greater variety of classes.
- We want to serve our community and be a witness by adopting sections of local roads for clean-up.
- We want to be more creative in reaching out to the community (wild game night, summer movie nights, talent shows, etc.)
- We have a Women’s Ministry team that is laying a great foundation for an effective and caring ministry to the ladies in our church and the surrounding area. We hope to see the Men’s Ministry develop as well.
- We have some very talented youth. We hope to see a Youth Worship ministry develop to aid in wholehearted worship.
- Upward sports serve as a great tool to train kids and to reach our community. We hope to be able to develop this ministry over time.
- Some of our facilities are over 40 years old. We hope to update some areas as needed, especially flooring.
2019 Strategic Initiatives
- We pray that God would provide so that we might see Phase 2 completed before would be “humanly possible.” This would expand our ministries to children (Upward sports, AWANA, etc.) and adults alike (walking track, basketball and volleyball leagues, etc.).
- We anticipate having space needs in the future, especially S.S. space. We will monitor those needs.
- As our church grows, staffing needs will increase as well. We will also monitor those needs.
- By fulfilling our Mission, and staying true to our Core Values, we pray that God may use us to carry the Light to others.
To develop passionate followers of Christ
who will reach the world.
Wholehearted Worship - We desire to cultivate an environment where people personally encounter Jesus during corporate worship. We also believe this worship must flow out of a life lived daily for the glory of God.
The Gospel - Because the message of Christ’s life, death, and resurrection is God’s power for salvation to all who believe, we seek to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ personally, collectively, locally, & globally.
Authentic Community - Because God established the local church as a community of worshiping, growing, and serving believers, we commit to a shared life of encouragement, accountability and genuine love.
Biblical Truth - Because the Bible is God’s truth, it is our sole authority and foundation for all we believe and practice. Knowledge of and obedience to God’s Word are essential to true life transformation.
Intentional Unity - Because the church represents Christ, we will seek to promote and maintain unity within this church family. Unless there is clear biblical error, we will prioritize our oneness in Christ over our personal preferences.
Spiritual Growth - Because disciples are to become like Christ, we seek to develop character, biblical knowledge and ministry skills in ourselves and others as a lifelong process toward maturity.
Traditional Family - God began the institution of marriage and defined it as the union of one man and one woman. A husband is to love and lead his wife. Parents are the primary spiritual leaders of children in the home, so the church is to supplement, not lead in, their spiritual development.
Missional Living - As disciples of Christ, we are each sent as missionaries to personally share the ministry and message of God’s love to all people. This requires intentionally aligning every area of our lives to this purpose.