In the summer and fall of 2013 we established our Mission and our Core Values (see back page). In the spring of 2014, as a church family, we dreamed about how God might use us to fulfill our Mission, especially in the immediate Friendsville area. In the summer of 2018, we revisited and revised and updated this Vision statement to reflect where we hope to be as a church when we celebrate our 100th anniversary on April 8, 2023. The following is a result of our dreaming together. We pray that the Lord will guide us and use us to honor Him as we seek to be salt and light to a world that desperately needs Him.
We would invite you to join us as we seek to fulfill this Vision.
(rev. June 2018)
2014-2018 Strategic Initiatives
- We produced a list of current ministry opportunities as an aid for those who want to serve. We continue to update this regularly.
- We began to establish a connection and outreach to the Friendsville Elementary School, seeking to minister to these children and the faculty. We continue to serve them so that we can show them the love of Christ.
- Funds for a church van have continued to be used to rent a van for the numerous times a year that there is a need.
- We have had several ministry interns during the summer months. We plan to continue this as an effort to help prepare people for ministry.
- We have done much to update our facilities with fresh paint, new carpet, new flooring, and many other renovations throughout the buildings. We plant to continue to meet these needs.
- We have revamped our Wednesday evening Children’s program so that it is more effectively helping to develop the spiritual lives of our kids and in the fall of 2019 will introduce the AWANA program.
- We have expanded our “Electives” to offer a greater variety of classes, and plan to continue to add to the expansion.
- The Resurgents, our College/ Career group, continues to lead the way in expanding our ministry to college students.
- We have produced a new church directory, and now have a very user-friendly phone app that helps to connect our church family.
- We have seen great improvements to our website, and plan to continue to improve the availability of pertinent information.
- We have continued to monitor both space needs and staffing needs for our growing church family. We will seek to prayerfully monitor these challenges.
- We graciously thank the Most High God for accomplishing these things in and through our church family.
2023 Strategic Initiatives
FBCF has a beautiful auditorium that provides ample space to reach people for Christ and grow as a church family. Blueprints have been drawn for a Phase 2 to our current buildings to further expand our outreach, but there is still a debt of $870, 000 from Phase 1 (as of June, 2018). The payout is about 9 years at the current rate. Our hope and prayer is that the Lord would allow us to see this debt eliminated and funds be raised for Phase 2, which would include a gym and a new fellowship hall. This would allow us to expand our ministries to children (Upward sports, AWANA, etc.) and adults alike (basketball & volleyball leagues, a walking track, etc.).
In this regard…
– A “Debt Payoff Team” will be formed to investigate ways to see the debt eliminated, doing our part, while asking the Lord to do this before what would be “humanly possible.”